Friday, November 30th from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
A variety of family-friendly activities are planned throughout the festival including photos with Santa; gingerbread decorating and ornament making for children; a historical walking tour and performances by local dancers and carolers! The entire neighborhood will be lit with luminaries and there will be a fire pit and craft vendors. Below is a list of the tentative lineup (schedule subject to change and will be updated as new events are added):
Event Lineup at 2018’s Hanover Four Corners Winter Festival
- Boy Scouts will have luminaries lit throughout the neighborhood at 5:30 p.m.
- Christmas Decor by Curb Infusion providing some holiday lighting.
- Movie “Frozen” parade at 6pm. Children welcome to wear costumes.
- Movie “The Grinch” screening courtesy of Mr. TV at 6:30pm.
- Hanover High School Brass Quintet performs on the steps at St Andrews 6pm; at Salmond School 6:30pm.
- Abbey Knoll Photography hosting “Pictures with Santa” at Firestation #2 from 6:30-8 p.m.
- Renovisions hosting a cider donut bar and “Stories by the Fire” from 6-8:30 p.m.
- Strolling Hanover High School VOX Chorus carolers will host sing-a-longs after 7pm.
- Ivy & Olives hosting a wreath decorating demonstration at 7:30pm
- Stephen O’Neill of the Hanover Historical Society leading a historical walking tour at 7:00pm.
- Phoenix lodge tours and free clam chowder
- Fire pit with marshmallow roasting on the grass in the Four Corners parking lot provided by the Boy Scouts
- Mary Lou’s 50 cent hot chocolate special
- Mom on the Go food truck front of MaryLous. Additional food trucks are being stationed at Salmond School
- Children’s ornament making craft area to decorate the Four Corners Christmas tree
- School Store open at Salmond School selling Hanover gear
- Park & Rec + the Council on Aging hosting a photo booth and crafts at Salmond School.
- Lorraine’s Cakes hosting Gingerbread cookie decorating for children
- Toys for Tots collecting new toys in the ambulance parked on the square.
- St. Andrew’s Church hosting their annual cookie sale.
Performances at Four Corners Winter Festival Include:
Starting at 6:00 p.m. on the steps at St. Andrew’s Church, dancers from the Dunleavy Boyle Bremer Academy of Irish Dance will perform followed by the Hanover High School Brass Quintet and Hanover High’s vocal ensemble, VOX.
On the main stage in front of MaryLou’s:
- 6:30 p.m.: Dunleavy Boyle Bremer Academy of Irish Dance
- 6:45 p.m.: Shoestrings Dance School
- 7:00 p.m.: Kenny Academy of Irish Dance Show Troupe presents “An Irish Christmas”
- 7:15 p.m.: The Connolly Academy of Irish Dance
- 7:30 p.m.: South Shore Ballet Theatre presents Dances of the Nutcracker
As has been the case in past years, the square will be closed to traffic with parking available at Tedeschi Plaza and Cardinal Cushing Center.
Also new this year is an expanded presence in the Salmond School parking lot, where Park & Rec, the COA and some food trucks will be stationed.